Skip to main content

Finn by E.M. Moore

  







Finn
The Heights Saga
E.M. Moore
Amazon/Goodreads


⭐⭐⭐⭐


Blurb: 

Everyone in the Heights knows fairy tales are fake.There’s no happily-ever-after, there’s just making the best of what you got. But what if that isn’t the case for me? 
First, my brother returns. Sure, he’s come back changed. A ferocious leader, a hardened gangster, but most importantly, an overbearing, overprotective, ass. But hey, he’s alive.
Something I couldn’t be more thrilled about until he ruins my love life, practically repelling men away with his signature glower.
His constant warnings don’t work on Finn though.
The basass-yet somehow adorably sexy-MMA trainer puts up with my brother’s attitude to protect me from being used as a pawn in the Dragon’s world. Keeping me safe from this new threat is the only thing they can agree on.
But just how far is Finn willing to go?
A girls needs answers because I’m ready to be swept away in my own treacherous version of a love story…
After all, Cinderella’s shows aren’t made for the Heights, but I’d take a combat book any day. 




We first met Finn in The Heights Crew series. Then we saw him again in Saint Clary's University. Even though we have met him before and he has played a part in both series, it isn't necessary for you to have read them in order to read Finn. I would suggest you do b/c E.M. is an amazing author and both series are really good. I think if you haven't read them before and you read Finn, you will want to go back and read them afterwards. Now we also met Cole in The Heights Crew and saw him again in Saint Clary's University. While we have gotten to know him through those series, we have yet to meet little sister. Well that's all changing now. 

Leenie (Colleen) is extremely happy to have her brother back in her life. After he disappeared she didn't know if she would ever see him again. She wasn't prepared for him to come back as the leader of a gang though. Most definitely wasn't prepared for his life to impact hers so much. Most older brothers are protective already but when yours is the leader of a gang, well you might as well get used to having no life. That's what Leenie has been trying to deal with since Cole's return. No matter where she goes, once guys find out who her brother is they are tucking tail and running away. Until she meets Finn. Finn stands his ground, doesn't seem to mind who her brother is. Hell Finn is a bad ass in his own right so Cole means nothing to him. Oh if only that were true. When Cole pulls a card against Finn and his brother Jax, Finn finds himself in a heck of a predicament. Follow his heart and get the girl of his dreams or keep what he's been working for all of his life.

Now for those of us who have read the other two series mentioned above, we already love Finn. You can't help but to love the happy go lucky, hot as sin, MMA trainer. So as much as we loved him already, he needed a heck of a leading lady to win our hearts. She had to be good enough for our man. Leenie is definitely that. She may not have grown up in the gang life but she has no problem telling her big brother what's what. She's no meek flower, wilting every time someone gets mean with her. She can hold her own. The instant connection between her and Finn was just off the charts. They had such an easy connection. Too bad they both have brothers that put the poop in party pooper. It was great to see Cole as a big brother in this series. We've seen him as the big bad gang leader so it was nice to have some moments of just normal Cole, hanging out with his sister. Jax, well he's a whole other story. I can see the good in him but boy he is a grump. I can't wait to learn about his story and what happened to him to make him the way he his. But I digress.

Finn was a great standalone to come after The Heights Crew series. With THC being so into the gang scene, this was a nice, lighter, happier followup. There is still gang stuff, I mean it is the Heights and Cole is still there. But neither Finn nor Leenie are involved in the actual gang. While he is big and bad in a sense, he's also incredibly sweet. Even though he is a fighter by trade, he is a giant cuddly teddy bear when it comes to Leenie. 

All in all, I really enjoyed Finn. I'm so glad we got to continue on in the Heights world. The ending in this book seems to set us up for the next book in the series and I.CAN.NOT.WAIT. That's a story I really need to know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener