Skip to main content

Wreckage by Ripley Proserpina

Wreckage
Ripley Proserpina
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐




I made a promise. Mom demanded only one thing from me before she died—go to her sister in Maine and find comfort with the only family I had left. But, from the moment I laid eyes on Paradise Inn and my terrified aunt, my mistake was undeniable. This place isn’t an inn, and it’s far from paradise. Instead, it’s home to the Wreckers, and my quick-tempered Uncle Joss is the president of this violent gang of strangers. There are rules I need to learn, but the most important is to keep my mouth shut. I have a front row seat to how depraved these men are, and how low they'll sink to get what they want. Just when I've run out of hope, three Wreckers come to my rescue. Hades, Pistol, and Viggo are my heroes with dark pasts and darker plans, tempting me in ways I never imagined. Soon, passion turns into something deeper, and I'm faced with a choice. Do I let myself love these men I can't quite trust? Or do I ignore my heart and expose the Wreckers' secrets? **Wreckers is reverse harem, motorcycle club romance with enemies-to-lovers/love-hate and mystery/suspense themes. Contains sexual scenes, all of which are consensual. Wreckers is a supersized standalone novel.*
*

 



I am a true fan of Ripley and I don't think there is a book that she has written that I haven't read. This is by far my favorite book of hers. I have been in such a book funk lately and even the books that I have loved didn't hit me the way this one did. It was such a change for me, I felt like I used to when reading. I can't tell you the last time that I was sneaking reading time in while I was at work. This book sucked me in from the beginning though and just did not let go. 
 
Quick rundown of the book without giving anything away. Mari has been taking care of her mom in her last dying months. She makes Mari promise to go live with the only family she has left, Aunt Connie, once she dies. So that's just what Mari does. Never expecting what she walks in to. Knowing she should walk away, she can't leave her aunt in the situation she is in. So she sticks it out. Until her aunt isn't the reason she is staying.

I really loved Mari as a character. She is strong and fierce in her love and loyalty. She may be a bit naive in the romance department but that really just adds to her characters sweetness. We have three guys in this book. Hades is our hero. Pistol is our more carefree, laid back guy. Even though none of them can really be carefree. And Viggo, well he is just all kinds of complicated. They each bring something unique to the table and make you love them all.

The story in this book is just gripping. From the very beginning I was ready to find out all the secrets. And there are secrets. This is a bit of a darker book.  The scenes aren't overly descriptive but the subject matter of what's happening is sensitive. As always, if you are concerned with triggers feel free to message me and I'll let you know what's up.

I've gathered that this book was inspired by the original Jamaica Inn. I have to say I've never heard of this before so I can't say how it compares. All I can say is that I absolutely LOVED this book. I'm sad that is was a standalone as I loved the characters and could read more. I'm also thrilled it was a standalone b/c we have the whole story. I'm not typically a reread books kinda girl but I have a feeling I'll be reading this one again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener