Skip to main content

Boucher House by B C Morgan

 

     Boucher House, (Broken Asylum Duet Book 1)
B C Morgan
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Blurb:

When I first came to the Boucher House I thought it would be simple. It was supposed to be easy; follow the rules, and take the meds they give you so you can become better. But what if they're not trying to cure us? Everyday I feel like I'm changing more and more from the person I used to be. I'm not quite sure who I've become throughout the torturous treatments and sessions with Dr. Boucher and his staff. But whoever it is, I'm praying she's strong enough to survive this hell. If they really are out to get you, is it still paranoia? The problem is, everyday I feel as though I’m losing myself more and more. Boucher is stepping up his game and it’s hard to tell the difference between paranoia and the truth. Is the darkness only within these walls, or is it seeping into my bones? This is a why choose romance, where the fmc will have more than one love interest without having to choose. This is a dark, forced proximity romance. It touches on sensitive matters and scenes that may trigger some people.


Let's start off with this. PAY ATTENTION TO THE WARNINGS!!!! This is directly from the beginning of the book:
    The book may contain triggers for mental health  and abuse due to the nature of the story.
Heed that warning. If you don't think this is for you then you need to step away. There are many aspects of mental health discussed in this book.

Now that we have that out of the way, Holy F'ing Hell. What a freaking book! I finished it late last night and I woke up this morning thinking about this book. I want to talk about ALL the things but at the same time, I don't want to tell you anything. I want you to go in blind like I did so you can experience it all just like I did. So in saying that, I'm going to give you what I can without giving you too much.

Presley is our FMC. She's been locked up in Boucher house, an asylum, for 4 years now. Suffering from some anxiety and depression, she never imagined that she would still be locked up four years later. She definitely didn't think she would be getting worse as the days pass. Unfortunately for her, that is what seems to be happening. She knew when she got there that she wasn't crazy, but as we go along, she's not so sure anymore. She's managed to keep to herself for the most part, except for one person she can't seem to stay away from. Baxter. He's been there longer than her and you will find out why she is so drawn to him. Their main goal, making it through each day without Boucher breaking them beyond repair. 

This book is told in multiple POV. So obviously we have Presley and Baxter. Then we have Dr. Kai Miller, the new psychologist, and Maël. I'm not going to tell you much about them b/c you just need to read and find out. Make your own opinions. Now when we get to the end of the book, we don't have any real romantic relationships. There are some definite hints, some attraction that we feel. But there isn't any bow chicka wow wow going on. Which is absolutely fine with me b/c it wouldn't have really made sense to write that into this first part of the book. This first part is all about the secrets that are being kept inside of Boucher House. And man, my mind was reeling with some of the twists. You sure don't know who you can trust and who you can't. What to believe and what not to believe. Which is why I loved this book so freaking much. 

Now yes, we do have a bit of a cliffy at the end. You should have already expected that with it being a duet. I have absolutely no idea when the second book is supposed to come out but I can tell you that I will be stalking the author until I do know. I have all the feels for the peeps in this book and I need to know ALL THE THINGS!!! It's driving me a bit crazy. Hahaha. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener