Skip to main content

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

 

Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts)
Lucy Felthouse
⭐⭐⭐⭐


Blurb:

Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty energy and those who profit from it. But, even with their powers, will they be a match for a greedy megalomaniac with no morals? PLEASE NOTE: Cut and Run has a cliffhanger ending. Cut and Run is the second book in The Dreadnoughts reverse harem romance series.


This is the second book in The Dreadnoughts series and yes, you must read Search and Rescue first or you will be lost. Cut and Run picks up right where we left off in S&R, with Chastain missing. Kim is already with the twins, Taylor and Joshua, so they get to work on getting him back. With the skills they already had and their new superhero powers, it doesn't take them long to figure out what happened. And boy is Chastain in some trouble when they do. But Chastain's little solo mission does gain them some more information. They find out who is trying to get their hands on Kim and the ygrene. Now the team has to work together to figure out how to stop them.

Y'all, I'm so behind with getting this book read and this review out and I'm so mad that it's taken me this long. This book was so good. It's so interesting and different from anything else that I've read lately. The characters are fun and fierce. The story is intriguing. There is action and excitement and some dirty times. Then we have a cliffy ending that came out of nowhere! Who did what now?? Props to Lucy on this second book in this fun and intense story. I'm ready for book three so we can find out what happens next. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reckless Thief by Heather Long

  Reckless Thief, (82 Street Vandals) Heather Long ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: The mentor. The doctor. The Vandal. I grew up on the streets despite my older sister’s best efforts to keep my nose clean. I thought I knew better. I worked hard. and made money. Who cared if what I did was a little illegal? Then a little boy paid the price for my carelessness. A little boy and his baby sister. It was the wakeup call I needed, even if the cost came too high. Rough choices made for rough outcomes and when I had the chance to join the military or go to jail to get straight, I went to the military. I paid for my thoughtless actions by becoming deliberate. I paid for my greed by offering service. I paid for my chance at a better life with blood, sweat, and fire. That service left me scarred but determined. Medical school and training taught me I could continue to serve. I walked away from the streets, from the blood, the violence, and costs of doing business. Living a life I stol

Merciless Spy by Heather Long

  Merciless Spy, (82 Street Vandals) Heather Long ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: The fierce twin. The dark brother. The wild one. I don’t give a damn about labels. I never have. Not when it comes to me. But stay the hell away from my brothers. All of them. I’ve sacrificed a lot for them, and I’m more than willing to give a lot more. If my blood, sweat, tears, and life were needed, I’d give it all up. Every damn drop. For my brothers, there was nothing I wouldn’t lose. Until her. Reckless, ferocious, and seemingly born to match me in temperament and spirit, Hellspawn is not the fragile flower they all think she is. I don’t think she ever has been. She will not be left behind, she will not hide, and she will not take the crap that life has been throwing at her. She’s saved our lives, defended us, fought for us, and sacrificed herself for us. I have no questions about what she would do if they tried to leverage us against her. This is why I won’t allow anyone to put her to that

Vengeful Rotten Casualties by Lucy Smoke

  Vengeful Rotten Casualties, (Sick Boys) Lucy Smoke ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads I sold my soul to the devil only to turn around and slit his throat… Thomas Kincaid took everything from me. My mother. My hopes. My innocence. Now, it’s my turn. He thought he was safe. They all did. They were wrong. Men always think they can take without ever having to deal with the consequences. Well, now I’m back, and I'm the last consequence they’ll ever see. *This is a dark romance, and contains dark and very taboo themes which some readers may find uncomfortable or upsetting such as but not limited to SA, murder, violence, child abuse, sexual slavery, misuse of the law, drug use etc. If you do not enjoy these themes, or have triggers, please do not read. Recommended for 18+ due to sexual content and adult situations. Please read responsibly.* This is the final book in the Sick Boys series and focuses on Luc and Micki. Let me start off by saying that while this whole series has been on the