Skip to main content

Songs and Sweethearts, Heather Long

 

Songs and Sweethearts, (Untouchable)
Heather Long
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Blurb:
Everything begins. Everything ends. Sometimes, it has to end before it begins. In the course of a year, I have had my heart broken, reforged, only to be shattered again. The tears won’t come. Not anymore. No more looking back. No more asking what if. Coop wants me to let myself feel it. Jake wants to distract me. Archie wants to put the world at my feet. Ian wants me to not make choices until I’m ready. I’ve got family ready to catch me, but I refuse to fall. No more waiting. No more holding my breath. The future is now. We have a chance to forge the path we want and I’m all in. So why does it feel like I’m running away? *Please note this is a reverse harem and the author suggests you always read the forward in her books. Contains some bullying elements, mature situations, violence, and is recommended for 17+. This is the tenth in a series and the story will continue through future books.


Series:
Songs and Sweethearts is the 10th book in the Untouchable series and you most definitely have to read the other books before you read this one. Book ten picks up where we left off on that killer ending in book 9. It was very dramatic, traumatic and life changing. Not only does Frankie have to come to terms with what happened but Eddie and Archie do as well. Just because something of this magnitude happens, doesn't mean that the rest of their lives stop either though. There are still decisions to be made and life to live. 

One of the things that I adore about this series, and why it's still one of my all time favorites even 10 books in, is that Heather has such a gift with her storytelling. Frankie and the guys are not characters in a book I read. They are friends. I am not only invested in their story but I'm deeply invested in their lives. We have watched them grow from teenagers trying to figure out themselves to young adults navigating life. We have laughed with them, cried with them, been angry and frustrated with them. Their happiness has been our happiness and their heartbreak has been our heartbreak. To see them making the choices they are now and growing as people, and through it all they have stuck together. It just makes you all warm inside. It makes me sad to know that there are only two books left in this series.

This group has had some tough times throughout the series and this book is no exception. This is a hard one emotionally. Not only do they have the loss and trauma to deal with, there is also a separation happening. Not in the way you might think so don't freak out, just read the book. I'm trying to stay spoiler free here. As always, Rachel is our favorite best friend/side character and she really grows her relationship with the guys in this book. There was also maybe a hint at a future book/series with some other characters we've met in this book. Here's hoping right? Now Heather wouldn't be Heather if she didn't just gut us with her ending. This is not a cliffy like she usually leaves us on but it was a heartbreaking ending for sure.

Only two books left! I want to say I can't wait to see what happens but I don't want to say goodbye either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener