Skip to main content

Binding Rose by Ivy Fox

 

Binding Rose, (Mafia Wars)
Ivy Fox
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Blurb:
I was sold to my enemies. You would think that being forced into a loveless marriage to ensure an alliance would be unheard of in this day and age. And in most cases, you would be correct in that assumption. But not for me. A cartel princess has no vote on who she can or cannot marry—much less love. Any decision in my life was forfeited just by being born into the most powerful Mexican cartel there is. Still, it does sting that I’m to be hand-delivered to the Irish mob and marry into the Kelly family, who my own brother has coined to be nothing more than bloodthirsty savages. They’re animals, Rosa. Filthy, unscrupulous, vicious animals. Those were his exact words, yet he still followed our father’s orders to walk me down the aisle, making sure I didn’t run from my obligation. As if that was even an option. All my choices were stolen away from me the minute I became another pawn to be used and abused at the hands of evil men. Which leaves me to question… Can a rose blossom in the dark? Or will I have to rely on my thorns to protect me against the fate that’s been bestowed upon me? Only time will tell if I’ll survive this cursed life or become another lost soul in these cruel and merciless Mafia Wars. *Binding Rose is a full-length reverse harem novel in the dark and twisted Mafia Wars world. *Recommended 18+ due to mature language, adult situations and sensitive content.


Mafia Wars Series:
Binding Rose~ Ivy Fox
Gunmetal Lily  ~Rebecca Royce 1/21
Ruining Dahlia~ C. R. Jane2/4
Wilted Orchid~ Loxley Savage 2/18
Forget-Me-Not Bombshell~ Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti 3/4
Blade of Iris~ K.A. Knight 3/18


Mafia Wars is a new shared world series about, well duh, mafia families. Long story short, the mafia families came to an agreement to end the bloodshed between all the families. Our poor, poor girls are the sacrificial lambs. There are six daughters and six stories in the Mafia Wars series. They are all standalones, so you can totally read just one of them. You are absolutely NOT going to want to do that though. Once you dive in, you will be hooked just like me.

Binding Rose is about Rose Hernandez. She's from the Mexican Cartel family and is being tossed into the Irish Mob family, the Kelly's. From sophistication to animalistic. Rose is delivered to marry Tiernan Kelly, head of the Irish Mob. Tiernan is none to happy about this arrangement either but he has sworn an oath and he will do his duty. He will have to find a way to bury his past animosity and live with his new wife. To help keep him in check he has his brother Shay and his cousin Colin. Always there to do whatever they can to help their family and boss. They end up helping in a way they never would have imagined. 

So brutal honestly, Tiernan is a dick. Absolute dick. He is unnecessarily rude and mean to Rose. Now yes, he has his reasons and in the end, of course we love him. So don't give up on him if you have a hard time at first. Now his brother Shay, he's a freaking angel. I love him. He's funny and sweet. He goes out of his way to show Rose the welcome she deserves. Then we have Colin. You would never expect the brutish assassin to be such a softy when it comes to Rose. But that's what he is. He's a beast of a man who holds his Rose with the softest of touches. 

To be fair, I'm going to tell you that I read Gunmetal Lily before I read Binding Rose. It was the first time in a really long time that I stayed up half the night reading. So I was so excited to read about Rose and experience the first book in the series. Binding Rose gave us the details of what happened at that fateful meeting between the families which I was grateful for. We already had the gist of it but I really enjoyed the details Ivy gave us. I am absolutely hooked into this series and I can't wait to see what all of these authors give us with these stories. 

*****Spoilerish content below.*****
DO
NOT
KEEP
READING
IF 
YOU
DON'T
WANT 
TO 
KNOW
Couple of things to mention since this is a dark mafia RH. Tiernan is not a nice man in the beginning. He gets his joy out of humiliating Rose and some of the things he says to her in the bedroom are not my kink. I did still love the story though so it wasn't anything that put me off of it.
Also, Rose demands that Tiernan get her pregnant. That seems to put some people off so wanted to mention it just in case. 
We also have mention of drug use, suicide, and of course a couple of brutal deaths. Children included. That last part is flashbacks from the past so if you have questions of triggers just hit me up and I'll be happy to discuss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener