Skip to main content

Bloody Cruel Psycho by Lucy Smoke

 

Bloody Cruel Psycho, (Sick Boys)
Lucy Smoke
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blurb:
A life for a life … will kill the both of us in the end. 
 Clover
 I know nothing of the Sickness at Eastpoint University. I know only the backroads that slip past the southern beaches and the gators that make their way onto the swamps shores. Until him. Until the killer known as Braxton Smalls finds his way into my stilted trailer on the coast of Port Charlotte. He came looking for Ace, but he found me instead… 
 Braxton 
 I’m a monster. Always have been. Always will be. The only people I’ve ever given a shit about are my boys and their girls. No one hurts my family, and knowing that someone has … and that they’ve gotten away with it plagues me. Ace Volkov will pay for what he put Avalon through and if I have to use his most precious weakness to draw him out, I will. She thinks she can bargain for his life with her own, but I mean to show her that there’s nothing I won’t do to see my vengeance through to the end.


Bloody Cruel Monster August 26, 2022 🤞




Bloody Cruel Psycho is the fifth book in the Sick Boys series and the first book of Braxton's story. Yes, you read that right. Braxton is such a handful that he needed two books to get all his yummy goodness out. You don't HAVE to read the first books to follow along but I definitely suggest it. It gives you the backstory of why Braxton is doing the things he is. And they are freaking amazing books. This whole series has just been a work of art by Lucy.

All my life I have waded through rivers of blood. Kill or be killed. Betray or be betrayed. 

If you have read the other books in this series then you already know that Brax is damaged. All of the sick boys are. Brax takes the cake in the darkness though. Probably why he is my favorite. I love an emotionally damaged bad boy. Also if you've read the rest, you will know that Brax is on the hunt for Ace. For revenge. He needs it. It's consumed him. When Ace disappears and the trail has gone cold, Brax finds another stone to overturn. A way to bring Ace out of hiding. Clover. 

I was hoping he'd want what no one else ever has. Me. 

Clover. Oh Clover. The leaves of a four leaf clover are said to stand for faith, hope, love and luck. Clover hasn't had very much luck in her life and not a lot of love either. Maybe that's why the few that she does love, she will do anything to protect. Like Ace. When Braxton tracks her down looking for Ace, Clover sacrifices herself instead. She has faith in Braxton that he will take her, use her and end his hunt for Ace. She has hope to one day be more than a means to an end. Little Clover has her own darkness inside though. A side so dark she tries to separate herself from it. Hide it away. Keep the promise she made. 

Braxton and Clover together are explosive. These two are so twisted up inside I don't know how they make it through some days. Their stories individually are sad, dark and demented. Their interactions are harsh, cruel at times. Their story together though, it's one of beauty. We only have half the story here and already you can see how they are going to be able to heal each other. The chemistry and connection is undeniable. Holy hell the chemistry. When these two get together sexually, hell it literally had me bouncing in my seat. Lucy Smoke has a way of making you want things you never knew you needed in your life. 

No one can hide from the monsters that lurk in the dark, and I have never been more grateful to be the monster they should fear.
I will end them. 

Then we have that ending. Ahhh that ending. I'm dying here. I need to know all the things and I need to know them now. I just can't even tell you guys how much I love this book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener