Skip to main content

Brutal Fighter by Heather Long

 

Brutal Fighter, (82 Street Vandals)
Heather Long
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Blurb:
Broken dreams. Broken lives. Broken bird. Our feelings for her were like wild animals finally freed from their cage. But my sparrow, she was the most brutal fighter of us all. She’d had to be. The battles she’s survived, she’s done in silence and alone. Not anymore. Never again. Milo let her go. Jasper took her. Vaughn sheltered her. Liam taught her. Rome connected with her. Doc pushed her away. Freddie went after her. All because we wanted what was best for her. Me? I was in this fight. Our promises might lie shattered in the debris of the life we’d thought she had, but we weren’t abandoning them or her. Oh no, I would never leave her again. My name is Kellan Traschel, I will be whatever she needs me to be. And if war is what must be waged, then hell was what we would rain down. BRUTAL FIGHTER is a full length mature college/new adult romance with enemies-to-lovers/love-hate themes. The dark romance aspects of this tale continue. Please be aware some situations may be uncomfortable for readers. Trigger warnings can be found in the foreword should you require them. This is a reverse harem novel, meaning the main character has more than one love interest. This is book five in the series.


Series


Brutal Fighter is the 5th book in the 82nd Street Vandals series and absolutely must be read in order. Now I usually start from the beginning and go to the end with my review but this time I'm swapping it up. That ending. Oh my, on all that is holy Heather why????? That ending just shattered me. How in the world am I supposed to wait until September to find out what happens next? So.Freaking.Good.

Ok so this book. Y'all know that I fell so freaking hard for Freddie in Dirty Devil. It is absolutely my favorite book of the series. I'd say it's my favorite book by Heather. The amount of raw emotion it drew out of you just can't be topped. So I was a little scared for myself that I would not be as invested in this next book. I was so wrong. Freddie is still 100% my favorite. This book wasn't as much for me on the emotions but it had so much else going on. It definitely had the emotions in there as well, how could it not. There was never a dull moment in this book though.

So after DD they are all back at the clubhouse. Emerson and Freddie are dealing with the trauma they experienced at Pinetree. The guys are all trying to find their footing with Em again. They want to give her the space she needs but they also want to protect and comfort her. It's a fine line they have to balance. We also have a lot more Lainey time. Lainey with Em and Lainey with Milo. Loved that. However, they don't have all the time in the world to focus on Em. Life still goes on and things are starting to unravel. Someone seems to have it out for the Vandals and there is still the issue with the trucks being jacked. All of this has to be addressed as well as them taking care of Em. So yea, a lot is happening. 

We also see some more of Ezra and Adam in this one and I love the animosity they all have with each other. And yet at the end of the day, the still have the same goal. Keep Lainey and Em safe. Interesting to see their interactions in this book. There is also a little Cardinal Sins crossover happening here and I love that. It makes me so happy when those little snippits and hints from other books play into a series. Makes me miss those other worlds a little less. 

Ok I feel like I'm rambling here so let's wrap it up. Speaking of, yes we definitely have some sexy times in this book. In the absolute best of ways too. With all of her trauma, knowing that she can trust these guys in such an intimate way. Just amazing. Everything about this book and this whole series is just amazing. I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for Dangerous Renegade to come out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener