Skip to main content

The New Gods by Ripley Proserpina

 

The New Gods, (Rebels and Curses)
Ripley Proserpina
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Blurb:
 Kiss me or kill me? All my life, I’ve been fascinated by stories about gods and the mortals they treated like toys. Now I’m at Oxford University with a newly acquired doctorate, and I’m making a career out of my childhood obsession. There, among medieval buildings and famous libraries, I meet five men who have names right out of Greek mythology. Achilles. Hector. Paris. Pollux. Orestes. I’m drawn to them, not only because of their names, but by the passion they try to hide. And the way our fates seem inexplicably linked. Turns out, I’ve uncovered an ancient artifact that could do more than just turn the academic world on its head. It’s the key to releasing a pantheon of angry gods who’ve had millennia to plot their revenge. And it’s the reason these legends have emerged from the shadows. Five men who were once princes, generals, and tragic heroes have vowed to stop at nothing to prevent the world from descending into chaos again. Even if it means ignoring the growing passion between us and wiping me off the face of the earth. **The New Gods is the first book in a reverse harem romance series with dark themes**


The New Gods is the first book in Ripley Prosperina's new series, Rebels and Curses. If you are a fan of Greek Mythology then you are going to eat this book up. If you aren't a fan of Greek Mythology you are still going to devour this baby. There is no way that you can't! So we have Dr. Leonora Ophidia. She has always been very career driven and at a young age she made a discovery that rocked the world. This lead to her getting to do something she had always aspired, be a tenured professor at Oxford University. She gets to share her adventures with students, professors and investors. This small artifact that she found has also gained the attention of a group of men. A group of men who have names far too unique to be coincidental. 

Hector, Paris, Achilles, Pollux and Orestes are no ordinary men. They have spent an eternity trying to keep what happened with Leo from happening. A very particular artifact that was broken and hidden long ago needs to stay hidden. For everyone's sake. So why does this group of determined men find it so hard to  do what needs to be done?

The thing I love most about Ripley's books are that you get such an in depth story. Now don't get me wrong, you guys know I love some hot and heavy books. Bottom line every time though, I want the story. The journey. I always know I am going to get it all with Ripley. So yes, this is definitely on the slow burn train. That doesn't detract from this book at all though. There is so much going on. So much to love. Getting to know these characters and learn their stories. I just loved it all. And oh my goodness that ending. I love that little twist. Can't wait for the next book in this amazing series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener