Skip to main content

Last Word by Heather Long & Blake Blessing

 

Last Word, (Cardinal Sins)
Heather Long & Blake Blessing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Blurb:
Kill them all It was always me and Daddy, but now I have another family to protect. From the day my father didn’t come home, my life changed irrevocably. From my earliest memories, I’d always known what I would do. Daddy hunted the monsters and when I was old enough, he let me help. Under his tutelage, I trained, studied, and learned. I was his apprentice, his partner, and eventually, I grew up enough to strike out on my own. It was always the two of us. Sometimes we shared targets, but more often, he had his and I had mine. I always thought we had no secrets, but my hunt uncovers more and more questions. Then I met Rick, Fletcher, and eventually Cash. Rick shattered the loneliness around me and for him, I broke Daddy’s rules. Fletcher burrowed into my heart with his quirky mannerisms and vulnerability, and for him, I threw the rules out entirely. And Cash? His relentless, damn near fearless pursuit turned everything I knew upside down all the while he filled in a hole in my defenses. For him, we’ve rewritten the rules entirely. They are my apprentices, my support, my team, and very quickly, they have become my partners in both life and business. Most of all, they are mine. I won’t stop hunting for those who took Daddy while I continue his work. But I won’t do it alone. And I won’t let anyone take Rick, Fletcher, or Cash from me. No one. Don’t touch what’s mine. They will fight for me and I will kill for them. LAST WORD is a full length dark adult romance and psychological thriller with suspenseful themes. Any trigger warnings will be included in the foreword. Some situations may be uncomfortable for readers. This is a reverse harem novel, meaning the main character has more than one love interest. This is the fourth and final book in the series.


Cardinal Sins Series



Ahhh it's always so bittersweet when we get to the end of a series. It's great to see the conclusion and know all the answers. It hurts so bad to say goodbye to our beloved characters though. So yes, Last Word is definitely the last word in the Cardinal Sins series. Absolutely read them in order. 

So we ended book three with that bomb that Daddy was still alive. What?? Crazy right? Drew has spent all this time trying to get revenge for Daddy's death and he's not even dead. So we knew him being back could put some kinks in the new system the gang has going on. I expected that. I did not expect the behavior coming from Daddy though. Not gonna lie, he was pissing me off something fierce! I knew though that I had to trust the system and things would find a way to work themselves out. They did. I can tell you that much. I will say I'm so proud of not only Drew standing up for her men but the way these guys stood their ground for her. Even our little Fletcher. Had me panting over these boys.

So yea, no spoilers but we got all the answers we have been looking for. There were still some twists and turns to be had in this last book. Things I did not see coming. AT ALL. I love when they can keep me on my toes all the way to the end. Of course we have some action, they are killers after all. You guessed it, we also had some sexy times. These boys know how to take care of their woman and she knows their favorite reward system.

So yes, it's been a stellar series and this last book did not disappoint at all. Great ending to a phenomenal series. Love these two authors and can't wait to see what they team up on next. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener