Skip to main content

Paramour by Rebecca Royce

 

Paramour, (Trials of Blood)
Rebecca Royce
⭐⭐⭐⭐



Blurb:
I hate vampires....every single one of them. Life has become like hell for me. Every day is a struggle to survive and I know just who to blame for this mess, the vampires. Those blood sucking creatures who made me addicted to their venom and then left me to rot. So when one of them pushes back into my life and nearly destroys it, once again, I should be doing everything possible to kill him. I know that's what I should do. So what does it mean that I am so drawn to those that I hate? What does it mean that I can't stay away? *The reader should note this is book 2 of 3. The happy ending comes with book 3. You have been warned.* Read less


Servant


First off can we just appreciate how freaking beautiful this cover is? It's simple and so elegant. Love it. Ok so quick recap of book one, Servant. Maci met and quickly bonded with a group of teenage boys. With her home life being, well, not the best, and them knowing what their future held, their relationship progressed quickly. The guys knew their human lives would end and they would be reborn as vampires. It was their duty. They thought their bond with Maci was so strong that even their vampires would love her. So we all know that didn't work out so well for Maci. The mean old vampires used her up and had her so addicted to vampire venom that she needed it to survive. Hard to keep that going though once the boys woke up and Rowan kicked poor Maci to the curb and forbid any vampire from having anything to do with her. Not gonna lie, that first book had me so distraught. I woke up one morning with Maci and the guys on my mind, craving book two. Finally we are here. So book two picks up with Maci trying to make due in life any way she can. Hiding from the bad vampires and paying the ones she can to bite her and keep her from being in debilitating pain. Until the guys randomly show back up in her life. While she may need a vampire's venom to live, she sure doesn't want anything from them she doesn't have to take. She never wanted to give in and be a paramour or anything to a vampire really and she holds on hard to that. 

The guys may all be different in their vampire form but one thing hasn't changed. They want Maci. She is special to them in more ways than they ever knew. It will take some time for them to adjust to their vampire nature and her human nature but they are working on it. I was glad to see the guys didn't lose all of what made them them. They are definitely different though. 

So not only do we have Maci and the guys all coming back together and working things out but there is also the vampire war still going on. Somehow Maci is involved in that. We don't have all the answers yet but we do get a lot of clues. Maci starts to have some dreams that give us a hint of what's to come maybe? Very intriguing. 

And yes, as warned in the blurb, there is no happy ending in this book. The ending is a cliffy and you are gonna be turning for more pages that aren't there yet. Here's hoping book three is just around the corner b/c I can't wait!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener