Skip to main content

Wilted Orchid by Loxley Savage

 

Wilted Orchid, (Mafia Wars)
Loxley Savage
⭐⭐⭐⭐




Blurb:
I was sold to my enemies… The rivalry between the Italians of the Outfit and the Cosa Nostra has been ongoing for decades. So imagine my terror when I find myself, the daughter of the Cosa Nostra's boss, at the bitter end of a raw deal with the heirs of the Outfit. Now I’m a casualty of a so-called ‘peace treaty,’ forced into the calloused, blood-stained hands of the Moretti brothers. Salvatore, Armani, and Fausto. The handsome faces of the Outfit bosses don’t hide the monsters that lurk beneath. They claim I’m theirs, that my life was forfeited to them in a pact sealed with my dead father’s blood. But they’re not the only ones who want to own me. When someone from my past lurks in the dark corners of my new existence, things turn from bad to worse. My cries for help are lost, buried among the chaos of the Moretti's dark world. My life was never mine. And now, if I don’t figure a way out of this, I’ll become the next victim of the Mafia Wars. **Wilted Orchid is a full-length, dark mafia, rh romance. This novel is part of the Mafia Wars series, where each book can be read as a standalone. This book is intended for adult audiences and includes scenes that might be difficult to read for some**


Mafia Wars Series:
Binding Rose~ Ivy Fox
Gunmetal Lily  ~Rebecca Royce 
Ruining Dahlia~ C. R. Jane 
Wilted Orchid~ Loxley Savage 
Forget-Me-Not Bombshell~ Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti 3/4
Blade of Iris~ K.A. Knight 3/18


Wilted Orchid is the fourth book in the Mafia Wars shared world. Again, these do not have to be read in order as they are all standalones within a shared world. I have absolutely loved this world so far. I have to be honest and say that this book had a whole different feel for me though. This is the first book I have read by this author and I don't know if the writing style just isn't for me or if it was the age of the heroine in this one. I still enjoyed the overall story, I just didn't connect with this book like the others. 

This book focuses on Valentina from the Cosa Nostra. She is to be married into the Outfit: Salvatore, Fausto & Armani. Valentina is the daughter of Carlo Rossi and she was the baby of all the girls. She is the reason they had to wait ten years to put their plan into action. She has absolutely no clue what is awaiting her as she has been kept in the dark about most mafia things her whole life. She's very sheltered and young. There were some moments where her internal dialog was hilarious. Other times where I just shook my head. That's where some of the disconnect comes for me. She had some very immature and childish moments. 

The guys, let's start with Salvatore since he is the head of the family. Salvatore has some serious hate for the Rossi family and he is very entitled to that hate. That makes him start off with Val as a complete monster. He does change his tune during the book, of course, but it's hard to come back from some of the things he does. It's also a weird flow to his moods. Very flip floppy. Then we have the twins, Fausto and Armani. The very first day you want to hate them as well but they very quickly show you a different side. They become her confidants in her new world and help her cope with everything she goes through. 

Overall, yes I liked the story. Still the mafia world. Still had darkness, the twists, the sexy times. The twins have some kinks. So yes, I still recommend the book. It has an overall different vibe than the rest of the books we have seen so far but still worth the read. Definitely some triggers so if you have some of those, check the warnings before diving in. Super excited to see where the next book takes us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe & Sound by Lucy Felthouse

  Safe and Sound, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim is within touching distance of her goal - but is it already too late? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, is in a race against time. With help from her four men, she's researching how to make the ygrene - the mysterious power source she retrieved from a remote Scottish island - a viable alternative to fossil fuel. An unexpected visitor recently bought them a little extra breathing space, but they're painfully aware it won't last forever. Despite their hard work, the whole thing looks set to crash down around their ears when the greedy megalomaniac they've been desperate to avoid shows up on the Greig twins' doorstep. While Kim and the gang would happily lay down their lives to stop the ygrene getting into the wrong hands, Kim would prefer to steer clear of violence. Their latest visitor claims he only wants to talk, but

Ruining Dahlia by C.R. Jane

  Ruining Dahlia, (Mafia Wars) C.R. Jane ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren't Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don't realize is that I'm more than what I seem. A dahlia has always bloomed best in the light, and even though everything about this place and these men is shrouded in darkness, I’m determined to thrive…to win. They play a game for keeps, a game where the only rule is that there are no rules. They want to ruin me. But what disturbs me most is that I just might like it. It’s me against them, and only time will tell If I'll be the winner or be

Cut and Run by Lucy Felthouse

  Cut and Run, (The Dreadnoughts) Lucy Felthouse ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazon / Goodreads Blurb: Kim’s on track to save the world—but will she pay with her life? Kim Medhurst, ex-British military intelligence officer turned scientist and climate activist, has a vitally important project on her hands. The mysterious object she set out to retrieve from the remote Scottish island has the potential to power the entire planet. All she needs to do is figure out exactly how to make it happen, and the Scottish Highlands seems the perfect place to complete her research in peace—as well as enjoy the company of the gorgeous Greig twins. Unfortunately, things aren’t that simple. Someone knows what Kim’s up to and wants to get their hands on her and the object she now calls the ygrene. As if that wasn’t concerning enough, Chastain goes missing, spurring Kim and the others into action. The team’s newfound abilities come in handy as they attempt to find their friend and navigate the murky underworld of dirty ener